Please take a few minutes to read through our frequently asked questions below. If we have not answered your specific question, or you would like further information, please visit our contacts page to send us a confidential email, or to contact us by telephone.
Question: What type of treatment services do you offer at Cayuga Addiction Recovery?
Answer: we offer 3 levels of care:
1. Intensive Residential Treatment Services: designed for individuals who are unable to participate in or comply with treatment outside of a 24-hour structured treatment setting. The length of our residential treatment program is approximately 6-8 weeks. Time in the program varies depending on each individual's progress in treatment.
2. Outpatient Treatment Services Length of treatment varies depending on the treatment plan and each individual progress in treatment.
3. Outpatient Rehabilitation Services. 4 hours per day 5 days per week. Length of treatment varies depending on the individual treatment plan and each individual profress in treatment. Our Outpatient Rehab services also include lunch, served daily in our facility.
Question: What should I bring and not bring for a stay at the Residential Addiction Recovery Center?
Please see the following list for what should and should not be brought for a stay at the Residential Addiction Recovery Center.
CARS is not responsible for lost or damaged property.
Please do not bring valuables to CARS.
All clothing and some other items will be heat treated at admission.
- 7-10 days of weather appropriate clothing. You will be responsible for washing your own clothing at CARS in the facility machines. Allergen free detergent is provided by CARS.
- Shower Caps/Flip Flops for showers
- Insurance/ID Cards
- MP3 Player/Headphones (if you desire). Your MP3 player must not have internet connectivity capabilities, recording capabilities, picture taking capabilities, storage of photo/video capabilities
- Stamps/Envelopes (if you desire)
Note that the decision to allow a product or not is at staff discretion. All unapproved products will be stored in contraband until the time of discharge.
- All hygiene products including makeup and cosmetics must arrive at admission brand new and factory sealed in the original packaging.
- After admission items are only approved if they are shipped from an online store and if they meet all guidelines (this means no drop offs of products and no packages sent from home)
- Alcohol may not be any of the first 3 ingredients in any product. Please check carefully for this.
- Mouthwash must be alcohol free
- Grooming tools may not have sharp edges or pointed edges except for personal use razors. No straight razors
- No scissors of any kind
- No aerosol products
- No perfume, cologne or heavily scented products
- No nail polish or nail polish remover
- All products must be in reasonable amounts as space is limited
Items not Allowed:
MOST items will be stored during treatment. You will not have access to stored items while in treatment. Excessive amounts of clothing and other items will be sent at the client’s expense to a home address at the time of admission.
- Any medication not in original prescription containers
- Over the counter medication
- Laundry soap and other cleaning products
- Blankets, pillows, towels, stuffed animals
- Cell phones/chargers, cameras, pagers
- Food or beverages
- Hats are not allowed inside the building (hoods cannot be worn up)
- Nail polish, nail polish remover
- Q-tips, cotton balls
- Revealing clothing/clothing with inappropriate language, images or reference to drugs, alcohol or tobacco
- Weapons (or anything that may be interpreted as a weapon)
- Pornographic material
- Perfume/cologne/scented oils
- Loose medications
- Nonprescribed medications
- Radios or music devices other than single person devices
- Any electronic device that has video or recording capabilities
Items that will be Destroyed Upon Admission:
- Cigarettes/chewing Tobacco
- E-Cigarettes/ E-Cigarette Batteries/any vaping materials
- Drug paraphernalia
All belongings including any stored items must be taken at the time of the successful discharge. Any items left behind will be discarded.
If the discharge is unplanned or unsuccessful all belongings will be stored for 30 days. It is the responsibility of the individual to contact CARS with a plan for pick-up of the belongings. CARS is not responsible to ship belongings.
You will not have access to stored items during your stay.
Question: How do I refer myself, my friend or my family member into treatment?
Answer: Residential Treatment Referrals are directed to our Admissions Coordinator Katerina Orr at 607-275-5678 or email@example.com. Please see our comprehensive application for admission by selecting this link
CARS Residential Application for admission To set up an assessment for Outpatient treatment Services, please call 607-273-5500 to schedule an appointment for an asessment.
If you are unsure of the level of care needed, please call our Outpatient Facility at 607-273-5500 to schedule an appointment for an individual assessment.
Question: How long is the evaluation session?
Answer: Outpatient assessment visits are usually a minimum of 45 minutes to a maximum of 2 hours.
Question: Where are your facilities located?
Answer: Our Outpatient facility is located at the corner of West State and Plain St. Ithaca, NY. 334 West State St., Ithaca, NY 14850
Our Residential facility is located 2.5 miles outside of the Village of Trumansburg, NY. 6621 Route 227, Trumansburg, NY 14886
Question: How much does a treatment at CARS cost?
Answer: All CARS facilities are fee for service programs.
Outpatient Treatment Service costs range from $56.00 to $209.00 per visit. We accept Medicaid and most major health insurance plans. We also offer sliding fee options for clients who are unable to pay our established fee for service.
Residential Treatment Services cost $300.00 per day. We will direct bill participating NYS Medicaid Managed Care plans, as well as most major Private Insurance plans. We also offer sliding fee options for clients who we determine are unable to pay our established fee for service.